Real Estate Auction of 160± Acre Equestrian Facility & Home 23KI
Open House: Nov 4 — 1 PM to 4 PM
160± Acre Executive Equestrian Facility & Home - Rocky Mountain House, AB
Wonderful opportunity for the Equestrian entrepreneur with discerning taste.
Auction begins in :
The grass and hay are bountiful and sellers say it's time to SELL. Currently set up as a breeding and boarding facility as well as a retail space but opportunities abound. Investors take note, so many possible revenue streams here. Hay sales, pasture rent, horse boarding, training, lessons, rental revenue from additional suite, feed supplier, tack store, bed & bale for those headed to enjoy the beautiful Alberta West Country, Event Center, Wedding Center, lease out to trainer, the list is truly endless. Plus they have County approval to subdivide the 10 acre yard site off of this undivided quarter if a buyer wishes to pursue. AND there is $3600/yr oil revenue on the quarter. 236 x 80 Riding arena is built right from the ground up. Fantastic level base topped with low maintenance & low dust footing of washed sand with GGT (geotextile) and Nike with magnesium. 11 stalls total between arena and barn with 5 box stalls/4 grooming stalls in the arena, all with comfort stall mats. Viewing room/kitchen with exposed aggregate flooring, custom cabinets & loft currently set up as retail space but could easily be converted to living space/suite for staff or clinicians. But really no need as there’s already a suite over in the barn! The barn also hosts 6 custom cemented box stalls, 2 of which convert to foaling stalls with collapsible swing dividers. 3 piece washroom, wash bay, breeding stocks included. Large tack room, enclosed feed room & kitchenette/laundry area w/ custom oak cabinets, oversized sink & heavy duty washer round out the main floor of the barn. Upstairs you’ll find a lovely loft space with a window to view down into the barn, perfect for foal watch or head out onto the private patio. Cozy gas stove is the perfect touch to finish out the loft. Now for the HOUSE. 5669 finished square feet, 3647 above grade of high end refinements. From the heated tile in the entryway (with dog shower!) to the custom granite countertops & high-end appliances, Sub-zero, Miele, Wolf, Viking in the chef's kitchen this lavish home does not disappoint. The 5 bed plus office, 3.5 bath home is built with both families and entertaining in mind. Walk out basement boasts a massive wood burning fireplace with custom stone from Canmore. The lower level spa-like washroom is brand new and includes a stunning custom glass shower with cedar beams, river rock shower floor, sauna and soaker tub. Under an hour to Red Deer or an hour to the beautiful West Country and Rocky Mountains, 2 hours to both Edmonton and Calgary.
- Legal Description
- 160± acres
- Property Taxes
- $7,211.59 (2023)
- Property ID
- Municipal Address
- 392055 Rge Rd 6-2
- Rocky Mountain House, AB
- Postal Code
- T4T 2A1
- Free Simple
- Land Use Zoning
- Dec 28, 2023
Supporting Documents:Inspection (PDF)Property Brochure (Print) (PDF)Property Brochure (PDF)Property Information Package (PDF)Property Appraisal (PDF)
Triple Garage Attached
Heated, Over Sized, 26 x 30 Triple garage with floor drains, built in storage, hot and cold water, overhead and in-floor heat
Full Basement, Walkout Basement, New poured concrete basement in 2019, walk out patio, wet bar, spa like bathroom, sauna, custom walk in shower, 2 large bedrooms
Forced Air-1, Forced Air-2, In Floor Heat System, Wood Stove, In floor heat in basement. 2 forced air furnaces - 1 for each the main and upper level. 3 fireplaces - electric, gas and wood
Home is ready for air conditioning and there is a unit included but not installed
Ceramic Tile Flooring, Closet Organizers, Deck, Granite Counters, Hardwood Flooring, Natural Gas Stove Hookup, Patio, R.V. Storage, Vacuum System-Roughed-In, Vinyl Plank Flooring, Wet Bar
3 fridges (2 house, 1 arena), 2 dishwashers, 2 wall ovens, gas range, electric stove(arena), 2 microwaves, washer, dryer, garage door opener and controls x 2 shop door opener & controller, 14 shelters as viewed in paddocks, all attached gates, stereo system x 2, wine fridge, espresso machine
Freezer, Shelving with lights in basement, seacan, solarium in arena, breeding stocks in barn, upright freezer
Additional Property Info
- Built in 2009
- 236 x 80 ft
- 10 full size tack lockers, 8 half size tack lockers
- In floor heat in the stall/viewing area, radiant heat in arena riding area
- 5 box stalls with comfort stall mattress system/4 grooming stalls with rubber mats
- 200 x 80 riding area
- Excellent base/footing. Rock base built with decreasing stone sizes pit run down to limestone screenings. Footing is washed sand with GGT (geotextile) and Nike with magnesium for dust control. Low maintenance, low dust
- Sunshine door in riding area with opener
- Second overhead door entering stall area with opener
- Energy efficient lighting
- 220v wiring ready for solarium (excluded)
- Exposed aggregate flooring in viewing/kitchen area
- Fridge, Stove, Microwave, Dishwasher included
- Arena wired for sound, stereo included
- Attached shelving in loft included
- Could easily convert open loft to living space
- On separate septic from house and barn, tank only
- Built in 2006
- 37' x 66' (2,442 ft²) main floor + 17' x 29' (493 ft²) loft = 2,935 ft² total area
- Completed in 2006
- Gable style roof finished with metal Coloured metal clad exterior
- Attached lean-to with gravel floor and open face (10' x 66')
- 2" x 6" wood frame
- Poured concrete footing and floor with in floor heat
- Divided into three sections: Stables, Rooms, Loft
- 18' ceiling height
- Vinyl interior liner
- 6 custom cemented aluminum box stalls (decorative with wood inserts) 6 automatic water bowls (with individual on/off) and comfort stall mattress mats. 4 of the stalls expand into 2 foaling stalls with custom engineered swinging dividers
- Wash rack with flourescent lighting, hot and cold water, wired for 220
- 10' ceiling height
- Feed room- enclosed, sealed storage
- Tack room - man door to exterior
- Utility room - hot water boiler for slab heat and domestic water, upper and lower oak kitchen cabinets with oversized sink, heavy duty washer included, three piece bathroom
- Staircase to loft
- 8' ceiling height
- Vinyl lined ceiling
- Finished drywall wall
- Laminated wood flooring
- Natural gas fuelled free standing fireplace
- Pine trim
- Fluorescent lighting
- 40' x 39.5' (1,580 ft²)
- Gable style roof finished with galvanized metal
- Galvanized metal clad exterior 2" x 6" wood frame
- Poured concrete footing and floor
- Unfinished walls, boarded
- 14' ceiling height
- 12' high wood sectional overhead door with electric hoist and poured concrete apron in front
- 220 wiring
- Radiant heat
- 10 x 11 ft
- On south side of shop, included
- Auto opening windows and a temperature sensitive fan.
- 42' x 84' (3,528 ft²)
- Gable style roof finished with metal
- Coloured metal clad exterior on two sides, open on two sides Laminated 2" x 6" wood frame (treated at base) on two walls
- Treated, round posts on one wall
- Dirt floor No wiring
- Built in 2005
From Rocky Mountain House - east on Highway 11. North on Range Road 6-2 to property on east/right side of the road
From Red Deer - west on Highway 11. North on RGE RD 6-2 to property on east/right side of the road of the road
Note to Bidders
- When registering to bid you will be required to have a Letter of Confirmation of Funds from your bank. Letter of Confirmation must be on Bank Letterhead with your name & or company name & amount of funds you have access to that you wish to spend up to. This letter of confirmation will have to be emailed to TEAM Auctions.
- Internet Bidding Fees: 10% up to a max of $5,000 per item.
- If you are the successful bidder, to meet the obligations set by the federal government, you will be asked to verify your identification. You will also need to provide us with your lawyer info to complete the real estate transaction.
Highlights of Purchase Contract
Dec 28, 2023
$100,000 bank draft or approved payment payable to exp Realty due from successful bidder upon close of bidding / signing of purchase contract. Cash and virtual currency will not be accepted.
Partial Terms and Conditions
Unreserved and Reserved:
Some Real Estate may have reserved minimum bids. The Auctioneer, at its sole discretion has the right to or/not to advertise and/or notify the buyer as to whether the goods/and or Real Estate being offered in this auction are:
- UNRESERVED: Meaning the seller has agreed to accept the highest bid regardless of price. In this case any items and/or livestock and/or Real Estate offered will sell to the highest bidder regardless of price.
- RESERVED: Meaning the seller has set a minimum price that must be met in order for the Real Estate to be deemed "sold" to the buyer. This minimum "Reserved" price may be indicated to the buyer as a "Reserve Price", "Starting Bid" or as "Subject to Owners Approval" or "not indicated or advertised in any way".
The seller and/or the auctioneer acting as the sellers agent may at any time:
- remove the "Reserve Price" or “Starting Bid” at any time and deem this auction " Unreserved"
- accept any bid, within 2 business days of the auction closing, that is lower than the "Reserve Bid"
- counter offer; any buyer within 2 (two) business days of the closing of the auction.
Your bid as a buyer will be recorded and will remain binding and in affect 2 (two) business days after such time the auction is closed.
You the buyer acknowledges and agree that bidding at this auction is the legal equivalent of a firm commitment and irrevocable offer to purchase, unless otherwise prohibited by law or otherwise noted in these buyer terms. Once you have placed a bid and the bid is accepted by the auctioneer you are obligated to complete the transaction.
- AGENT OF THE SELLER: Real Estate Brokerage acts only as agent of the seller and not as agent of the Buyer. They will provide prospective buyers with all facts known to the agent that will or may affect the marketability or value of the property.
- NO WARRANTY: The Buyer shall accept the Property as-is where-is and specifically agrees that neither the Seller, Auctioneer or Realtor makes any representations or warranties of any kind as to the condition or fitness of the Property, environmental or otherwise, or any improvements thereon.
- It is the RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL BIDDERS to review all information provided, including “Property Information Package” from the Real Estate Brokerage and the terms of this auction. All information provided is meant as a guide only. Bidders shall have satisfied themselves as to the descriptions, location and condition of the property prior to bidding. If clarification is required, it is the bidder’s responsibility to obtain clarification from Real Estate Brokerage prior to bidding.
- GST: Bid price does not include any applicable GST unless announced otherwise by auctioneer.
- DEPOSIT: Immediately at the close of bidding the successful bidder will make a NON REFUNDABLE deposit payable to the real estate brokerage (as listed in the Property Information Package) in the form of a bank draft or other approved payment. Amount is listed in Property Info Package/or as announced by auctioneer.
- PURCHASE CONTRACT: The Real Estate Purchase Contract that applies to each property will be available for inspection prior to the auction. Title(s) will be clear of encumbrances except those which are to remain on the title. All bidders agree that, should their bid be accepted, they will complete and be bound by the terms of the purchase contract. Buyer will pay the balance of the purchase price to their lawyer on or before Completion Day. Possession will be in accordance with the terms of the Purchase Contracts. Note: These contracts will not be subject to any buyer’s conditions.
**TEAM SEKURA AUCTION MAIN SALE TERMS ALSO APPLY.